Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Selvage Quilt Border

I love, love, love a wild border on a quilt, and I think the reason that the selvage quilt has sat pinned to my sewing room wall so long is that it just needed that finishing touch, a wild border.  So I have wrestled with the quilt, and came out victorious in the end!  And I love the results, now, how to quilt?  Hmmmm?

Click on the link to find my original post on this fabric called "Wild Garden" .  I simply cut a wider selvage than normal, 3" and then wrestled it onto the selvage quilt.  I only had a 1/4" seam allowance, but many pins later I had the look I wanted. 








 


We are having a rainy day here in Reno, a nice little change.  We should have a warm weekend for the holiday... can it really be the 4th of July already?

2 comments: