Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Family Inspiration

Sew, we have a small summer cabin located in the Sierra Nevada mountains built by my great grandfather's own hands.  Needless to say, it is probably my favorite place in the WORLD!  And on the bed in the cabin are hand made quilts, made by my great, great grandmother.  (yes, two greats, the quilts are OLD and lumpy and lovely as you will see.)

My favorite pattern, and apparently one of my great, great grandmother's favorite patterns is the Lone Star.  Sooooooo, long story short, I had an inspiration to begin a new quilt, and decided on a Lone Star with a modern twist....

 Here are some pics from the quilt made by great, great grandmother.  You can see that scrappy runs in the family generation after generation!





And here is the beginning of a modern version, this will be a single Lone Star, approximately 72" square when completed. 



And totally unrelated, a sneak peak for Coach Dave.... almost done!  (Really, I promise.)



I'm happy to be back to my sewing room, and blogging again too!


No comments:

Post a Comment