Friday, September 9, 2011

Making Fabric

Hi all, good to be back after a little break for real life, :).  I have been making green fabric this week as the background for my Cow Quilt, which is my first "story quilt."  I sort my scraps by color, (ok sometimes I sort them, usually I stuff them in the drawer and son Cort sorts them for me) so I pulled out the green bag and just start sewing them together.  I also add from stashed fabric and bought a few new greens too just for fun!  Here we go!







I can tell you story quilts are FUN, endless possibilities.

Also visited my 18 year old son Niles last weekend at the USAFA where he is a freshman...  needless to say, I am one proud mama.


Cort, Niles, Kat

Here's to Friday nights and the upcoming weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I love your made green fabric! So much fun. My "Out of the Box" book came today! Squeeeee. I've never made a story quilt either. I will begin my cow when I get back from my weekend away.
    Tell Niles I am proud of him, too. God Bless our Troops!!!
    Enjoy your weekend.
    Hugs, Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely fun and you truly do have a right to be proud! Your children are beautiful and how lovely to have a little helper to sort colors with...great for both of you!!

    ReplyDelete