Friday, March 8, 2013

Faris Quilt

Here's a project completed back in October 2012 for a niece, now almost 5 months old.  I wanted to keep the quilt simple and concentrate on the quilting. I attended the Pacific International Quilt Festival in Santa Clara last fall and used that for the quilting inspiration.  The fabric is some older Far Far and Away fabric that had been waiting for just that "right project."  My niece wanted pastels, not really my colors, but I made it work with splashes of bright pink and orange.




The checkerboards are really not that tough; it turned out better than I thought.  (That does not usually happen.)  I marked the straight lines and then used FMQ to quilt the straight lines.  I tried the walking foot and had some puckering and found FMQ the straight lines worked better.  The squiggly lines are just FMQed in after you have made the grid.  


You can see a bit of the walking foot puckering on this checkerboard.


I'll have a Faris Quilt finish for you later this weekend...

TGIF! (Sigh)


3 comments:

  1. Your niece will treasure this forever!! Your quilting turned out beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! your quilting is gorgeous! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute, it's like "The Princess and the Pea" fairy tale...the pile of quilts on the bed and the little girl...I'll bet she'll love it to bits!! Julierose

    ReplyDelete