Saturday, August 11, 2012

Summer Vacation - Stashbusting Style

Just back from a restful week at the beach, and an entire week without a sewing machine!  Not my style, as I usually pack the machine and a project or two or more for the road.  With a lot of time planned to be spent on the beach, I figured I'd take a break...

However, I took a project, a real stashbuster!  It says that a 2' x 3' rug would use approximately 8 yards of fabric, but truth be told, it uses much more than that.  I took a kitchen garbage bag with a good chunk of fabric with me and used all of it for this rug.  Fabric is cut into 2" strips and then crocheted.  Very easy, I had never crocheted before.










PS.  This rug is also a workout for your biceps. 

It's so good to be Home, Sweet, Home!

Click HERE to see Kelly Girl Quilts most recent post!

2 comments:

  1. Great rug and a perfect way to use up fabric that won't end up in a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helllooo--are you still there? Miss your blogging...Julierose

    ReplyDelete