Friday, January 20, 2012

Keep it Simple

Do you ever promise a quilt... before it's made???  This is one of my bad habits.... so I promised my little guy a  new quilt for his 10th birthday last week, a "Sports Quilt" for his room, and I am going to keep it simple.  Maybe, at least that is my intention...  9 1/2 inch squares, so hopefully a quick and easy finish.  (haha)










ok, maybe not all 9 1/2 inch squares.


I'm also using old denim fabric from my never ending collection of old jeans... so soft and cuddly.  I'll probably put Cort's name on the back just to add a little sizzle.

Yesterday in Reno, we had another huge wildfire, with over 26 homes completely burned to the ground.  I have lived in Reno over 20 years and have never seen such horrible devastation.  It was snowing in the mountains 10 miles west of us and burning everything to the ground 6 miles south of us... as our governor said... "inconceiveable."  Please send your best thoughts and intentions towards Reno, NV.

No comments:

Post a Comment