Friday, April 7, 2017

Problems!!! 

Finishing my last row to sew into the quilt and "Z" is 1/4 inch short!  How'd that happen?   I've "unsewn " more seams in this quilt than any other.  This type of piecing seems like it would be easy, but not really, at least for me.  Also, as you see, I've decided on a flanged border to offset the squares. I knew I wanted a red border around the squares, but without the flange, the border was blending with the letters. A simple flange, although tedious, produced the picture I had in my head.  Happy Weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my blocks often end up too small--do I cut all the others down--no way--I just add a side piece lol. I like your Z and Starring block...that typewriter fabric resides in my stash, too...hugs for a lovely weekend Julierose

    ReplyDelete