Sunday, August 21, 2011

Movin' on Up!

I have a new sewing room!!!!  Here's the scoop.  My old sewing room was in a den type room, connected to our great room/kitchen area.  A couple of weeks ago, I blogged about moving everything in the sewing room so we could install new carpet, what a mess!  The carpet was installed while we were on vacation, and as we drove (13 hour trip - one way)  my husband suggested moving my sewing room to our great room area!!!!  At first reluctant to spread my mess, I finally agreed, and am I ever a happy camper.

Lots of Light! (Em, Mary in the background!)

As you can see lots of natural light, so much so it is difficult to take photos.  This photo taken from the middle of the great room, we used this side as my sewing room and the other side as a sitting area, using my quilts and some furniture as a partition of sorts. 

Partition
We moved the TV and couch to the smaller den, really a better place for it, you can now actually hear the TV, as in the great room, the sound was somewhat muffled and drowned out by the rest of the activity in this highly used part of our home.  As my husband said, "I had to get her out of her cave!"  Happy Sunday to all, I am off to stitch.

Tomorrow, (or the next day, whenever I get around to it!), my stash also has a new home.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Happy Day!! What a "great" Great Room/Studio!
    Enjoy!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new studio space is wonderful! Great light and a perfect spot to display your quilts. I LOVE the multi colored star quilt on your wall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the new room but even better...congratulations on the blessing of such a super husband!!!

    ReplyDelete